Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Sharing Sunshine

Welcome to my first blog! This is a new and fabulous experience for me. I have always wanted to have a blog or other forum where I could just sit down and write for myself. Honestly, Facebook got tiring and I have some exciting things I want to communicate to the world! It may not be noteworthy to many, but nonetheless it is my adventure of life.

As I prepare to serve a mission, I have contemplated many things. I have no fear. This is what I want to do. Call it my dream job! Living in sunny, beautiful Portugal for 18 months with a purpose of sharing and inviting others to the gospel of Jesus Christ (also known as the thing that brings me the most happiness) sounds like an offer I just can't refuse. I literally feel like I have sunshine in my soul and I could burst at any moment! My earthly happiness is sunshine. Amazing, amazing sunshine. I smile just thinking about it! Since I received my mission call, even in the deepest cold of this Idaho winter, I can almost feel the Lisbon sun touching my face. I need to share it. In smiles. In respect. In patience. I am trying to be a sun to those around me. I have yet to perfect the art, but boy is it fun to practice! As I share a bit of my sunshine through a kind word, a contagious smile, or some small act I really hope others can see it is me trying to reflect The Son in my countenance. THE New Year's resolution is to be more Christ-like, one step and day at time. Here is to making better habits through frequent perfect moments!

2 comments: