Thursday, February 28, 2013

Life doesn't get much greater than this!



Last Saturday, February 23, 2013, was occupied by the storm of the century. Snow was falling in every direction and being pushed by the wind into every nook and cranny, as well as across roads and through mailboxes. It was also the day I was scheduled to be at the Logan Temple.

Forces combined and it took all five members of my family to get all five of us there. It was an amazing experience for my family. My sisters were able to do baptisms for the dead as the rest of us went through my endowment session. Special doesn't even begin to describe what happened in that temple. For five hours we experienced peace, joy, and many blessings while serving in the gospel, doing work for the living as well as the dead. As we all prepared to leave the temple and come back home, no one was hurried or rushed. Reluctant footsteps, and slow halting gaits were experienced by all.

My heart shed a few tears. We did it! We had all made it! This journey that was long in the making had led us to our first pit stop, the temple. My heart has never felt so full. It was ready to burst. The power and protection I left with has helped carry me through my week. I am so grateful for this gospel and my family that has the opportunity to be forever. We may not have it all together, but together we have it all!




No comments:

Post a Comment