Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Twenty & Eight

Those aren't years, those are days... 28 Days.... I have 28 days until I enter the Provo MTC and start this adventure for good! I am excited and scared. Ready and not ready! A few weeks ago I was bored and sitting in the computer room next to mom's old Primary bag. Temptation took it's hold and the five-year-old came out in me. I started snooping around the markers, stickers, glue sticks, and scissors. It wasn't long until I struck true gold! Blue and yellow construction paper cut up into long strips. An idea started forming in my noggin.... I needed to make something! STAT! The stapler found it's way into my hand and this is the end product:


It looks like a mess, but each ring represents a day closer to the MTC. Each night I tear off a ring, take a deep breath, smile, and say my prayers. Each night on my knees is starting to follow closely to one of my favorite Primary Songs. It goes a little something like this... Lead me, guide me, walk beside me, help me find the way. Teach me all that I must do to live with Him someday. It is my hope. I cannot make this journey on my own. It will be one day at a time, one moment at a time, one prayer at a time, and one footstep in front of the other. Life is good, the Gospel is better!


No comments:

Post a Comment