Saturday, March 30, 2013

Fare thee Well!!


Showered with love. Sunday was my final talk in my home ward before I enter the mission field. It was overwhelming. There were so many people all in one place! People who have loved and encouraged and supported and lifted and pushed me to be where and who I am today. It was a wonderful day and I feel so blessed. (Notice dad in the back ground with his first ever published photo-bomb. Congrats!)

My talk was on gratitude. I have been spoiled rotten and have much to be thankful for. At the close of this week, with Easter in my thoughts, I am grateful for my wonderful crazy life. I am grateful for the friends and family that surround me on every side. This week I have been uplifted, taught, and prepared for the coming part of this journey. Tomorrow afternoon I will be set apart as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Woohoo! Sadly, this will be my last post for 18 months. My sister, Bailey, has promised to take over and keep this blog updated with my news from the field.


Butttt..... Enough of that!

Today I was able to spend the day with family, laughing, playing, and hunting for Easter eggs. Yes, you read that correctly. I will be 20 years-old in June. I repeat. I went on an Easter egg hunt. It was a fun time. We roasted hot dogs and marshmallows and munched on shrimp. Take a look at that homemade cup holder! My sister is a genius! Boom-SHAKA-laka....

Like I said, spoiled girl. My Poppy knows how much I love my shrimp. Hot dogs and shrimp have never tasted so good!! These are definitely a few of my favorite things! Gonna miss these guys for sure... Small tear.

All is well! See you in 546 days from April 3! Check the address to the right for my address and drop a few lines in the mail! Love you all!
P.S. This happened. One of my new favorite things... Grandpa's rainbow suspenders. Que Thriftshop ala Mackelmore and Ryan Lewis.... We OUT!

No comments:

Post a Comment